2.28.2012

Tasty Tuesday: Pinto Pizza (for lack of a better name)

pintopizza

Pinto Pizza

Yes, I named this myself.  I wanted to called it Mexican Pizza but Darrell didn't like that so I am running with it...any better ideas??
This quick and easy meal is surely to be liked by all.  Darrell and Davis were especially lucky because I had a little cheese to sprinkle on theirs.  Although I should tell you at end of dinner Darrell requested that next go around I forgo the cheese on his.  His words, "It's good enough without it".  Hmmmm, okay, that's easy!

I made the tortilla's...they are SUPER EASY!  Time consuming-sure, worth it-definitely! 

I didn't forget the measurements of the ingredients they are open ended so I just left them off, you can make a few of these or tons...

Ingredients:
tortillas  (made these tonight, recipe soon)
pinto beans (cooked and frozen in 2 cup containers)
cheese (optional)
salsa  (made some tonight-the rest is quart jar ready for the next adventure)
cilantro
avocado

Instructions:

1.  Place tortilla on baking sheet (don't even need to "grease")
2.  Spread the pinto beans on the tortilla
3.  If adding cheese, insert HERE
4.  Bake 350 for 10 - 15 or until cheese melted or until they are warm  ;)
5.  Add salsa
6.  Add avocado slices
7.  Add cilantro
8.  Serve to family and enjoy...may add fruit too.  We had apple chunks tonight.Pin It

No comments: