3.27.2012

Tasty Tuesday: Ranch Dressing (vegan, traditional, dairy free)

Let me start by saying this, "Oh! how I love ranch dressing on salads, baked potatoes, quinoa, dip for pizza crust, homemade potato wedges just to name a few things."
 
When food allergies arrived I was afraid I might not be able to enjoy certain things like ranch.  Well, as you can see allergies didn't stop me.  This recipe is very good both vegan and traditional.  Now I will say this, the Spectrum brand (in Morgan and Darrell's opinions) is awful.  Like throw away a quart jar of ranch dressing gross.  It might be the brand or that is does have less calories and fat.  Either way, we don't care for it.  Vegenaise is our brand of choice (picture right). 
 
Ingredients 
1 c mayo / vegenaise (pictured above)
1/2 c sour cream or buttermilk or milk alternative (I use coconut)
1/2 tsp dried chives
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
 1/8 tsp of salt and pepper (I omit these)
Whisk all together and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.

Pin It

No comments: