1.22.2013

Menu Plan: Jan 20 - 26

Succotash, Cornbread
My sister and her children are visiting for a week or so.  I just hope she and her little one enjoy our meals this week.  They survived the Succotash last night so I'd say they're off to a good start.  ;)
Last week Calico Beans and Black Bean Burgers didn't happen.  I ended up with way more leftovers so I didn't need to make them.  Hopefully, I have planned better this week and with visitors we won't have many leftovers anyway. 

Sunday:
Cold Cereal (so glad I had on hand-running super late for church-thanks to a great deal at Whole Foods)
Leftovers
Dinner out with my sister

Monday:
Whole Wheat Pancakes, fruit
Chicken Salad with apples, Pretzels and Mango
Succotash, Cornbread  (egg/dairy free cornbread)

Tuesday:
Breakfast Cake, Strawberries  (no buttermilk, I use coconut milk with vinegar to "sour it")
Taco Potatoes (meatless), Oranges
Fajitas, will make WW tortillas

Wednesday:
Giant Breakfast Cookies, Strawberries
Black bean burgers, Ranch Potato Wedges, Blackberries
Sicilian Braised Chicken and Couscous with Celery

Thursday:
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls, Apple slices (milk=coconut milk, butter=coconut oil)
Calico Beans (but I'll leave out the meat), Cornbread (didn't make last week)  (egg/dairy free cornbread)
Split Pea Soup, Soft Pretzels  (milk=coconut milk, butter=coconut oil)

Friday:
Monkey Bread, Mango  (milk=coconut milk, butter=coconut oil)
Leftovers
Pizza, Salad, Kiwi  (using this dough, freeze extra for later use)

Saturday:
Chocolate Chip Quinoa Muffins
Chicken, Sweet Potatoes Cauliflower, Fruit Salad
Spaghetti, Salad and No Knead Overnight Bread

Our substitues to linked recipes are:
milk=coconut milk
butter=coconut oil
butter for cornbread=Earth Balance Soy Free
eggs=flax eggs
buttermilk=coconut milk + vinegarPin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh everything is delicious so far! Love the sister.