1.15.2013

Tasty Tuesday: CFA Nuggets and Sauce(s)




UPDATE:  these bake just fine too,  I think i did 350 for 15 mins.  Depends on "nugget" size too

A few weeks ago I stumbled on this website.  If you can get past her beautiful food photography you'll actually see that she has recipes too!  ;)  Once I wiped my drool away I found THIS RECIPE, copycat CFA ( you know what it stands for).  I KNEW I had to try it.  You see, I love some me Chick Fil A but what I don't love is the extra stuff aka MSG they add.  :(  So now we rarely eat there anymore.  Yes, big tears but what'd ya do?  Avoid junk, that's what we do.  Anyway, I recommend checking out her mouth watering photos of her CFA nuggets and sauce that way you'll be inspired to make your own.

I made the above one Saturday for lunch.  Nuggets, sauce with sweet potatoes fries (baked) and honey mustard sauce.  Don't worry we ate some fruit too so it wasn't all bad fried stuff... Anyway, I think the nuggets are great not exactly ChickFila-ee but pretty close!  I do think the sauce is spot on.  This recipe doesn't have eggs (like the package) so we can eat it here!   Wahoo!!!!!   Random:  Darrell confessed later that afternoon that when I wasn't looking he drank some of the CFA sauce.  Really?!?  I just hope no one else (being the children) witnessed him doing that.  I guess you can say he liked it.  Okay, here's the recipe-dairy free...

For the nuggets:


  • 6 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 2 1/2 cups flour (I use freshly ground flour from hard white wheat)                          
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar (ground sucanat in my vitamix)                                  
  • 4 tsp. sea salt
  • 3 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • Coconut Oil for frying                      

  • CFA Sauce:                              


  • 1/2 cup soy-free vegenaise
  • 2 tbsp. mustard (regular prepared yellow mustard or dijon works too)
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp. vinegar
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • Salt (omitted, vegenaise has plenty I think) and pepper, to taste              

  • For the honey mustard dipping sauce: 


    • 1/4 cup soy-free vegenaise
    • 1/4 cup dijon mustard
    • 2 tablespoons honey

    I sure hope you enjoy these as much as my family does!!


                        
                 Pin It

    No comments: